Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrity Last Words

Below are last words supposedly said by celebreties before they died. I realize this is slightly morbid, but I also find it interesting. Some quotes are almost prophetic, while other's may make you smile. I write this with all due respect. This information taken directly from MSN online:

1. George Washington - "It is well. I die hard, but I am not afraid to go." (Some experts disagree.)

2. Abraham Lincoln - "They won't think anything about it." (After Mary asked him what the patrons of Ford's Theater might think of two old people holding hands.)

3. John F. Kennedy - "If someone is going to kill me, they will kill me." (Upon arriving in Dallas, Tx.)

4. Joan Crawford - "Damn it, don't you dare ask God to help me."

5. Elvis Presley - "Okay, I won't." (After someone told him "not to fall asleep" while on his way to the restroom.)

6. James Dean - "That guy's got to stop... he'll see us."

7. Marilyn Monroe - "Say goodbye to Pat. Say goodbye to Jack. And say goodbye to yourself, because you're a nice guy." (Said to movie star Peter Lawford, husband of Pat Kennedy.)

8. Frank Sinatra - "I'm losing it."

9. Edgar Allen Poe - "Lord, help my poor soul."

10. Pablo Picasso - "Drink to me. Drink to my health. You know I can't drink anymore."

11. John Lennon - "Yes, I am." (Said while riding in the  back of a police car on the way to the hospital when asked if he was John Lennon.)

12. Bobby Kennedy - "Is everyone else alright?"

13. Martin Luther Kin Jr. - "Make sure you play 'Take My Hand Precious Lord.' Play it real pretty." (Said to Ben Branch who was to play at an event that night.)

14. Mother Teresa - "Jesus, I love you. Jesus, I love you."

15. Pope Joh Paul II - "Amen"

16. Babe Ruth - "I'm going over the valley."

17. Joe DiMaggio - "I finally get to see Marilyn."

18. Al Capone - "You can get more from a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone."

19. Winston Churchill - "I'm bored with it all."

20. Diana, Princess of Wales - "My God. What's happened?"

21. Alex, the African grey parrot - "You be good. See you tomorrow. I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your input. What are your thoughts?