Friday, October 16, 2009

Update: Amish Boy Has New Legs

I just wanted to give an update to the blog "Benefit Dinner for an Amish Boy." I have been told that the boy now has two prosthetic legs and is doing quite well with them. He is also being seen in a well respected charitable hospital (I don't want to mention where for privacy reasons) in the area and they are doing wonderful things for him and his family. Again, although this was a horrible accident, it just goes to show how resilient and inspirational children can be.

I am very glad, not to mention thankful, that he has persevered. I am also thankful that there are charities out there ready and willing to help families in their time of need. His story certainly helps put the trials in my own life into perspective… as I hope it does yours. This is a big reminder to "appreciate what we have and be thankful." – SRP, blog editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your input. What are your thoughts?